Do these simple poses to increase strength and flexibilty and improve back health.
(Modified - 3
- Lay on back with knees bent, arms along
your side, palms on the ground and lift hips
up (hold for a few breaths) then lower.
- Lift hips and place a block under the
lower back and rest on block (can do this
with both levels of the block, lifting hips
higher each time).
- Remove the block, keeping hips raised,
roll onto the shoulders to interlace hands
under the back.
2. Knees to Chest
- Knees to chest.
- Rock side to side massaging the lower
- Try to bring shoulders close to the
ground while lengthening spine along ground.
- Lying down with legs out straight, open
arms into a 'T' position.
- Bend one knee and place opposite hand on
the outside of raised knee.
- Pull raised knee across your body
towards the ground while you turn your gaze
the opposite way.
Cat / Cow
- On hands and knees, curl your forehead
towards your pelvis as you round your back.
- Then bring your gaze towards the ceiling
as you arch your back and open your chest.
Upward Dog and
- From cow pose, drop your hips to the
ground while straightening your arms and
find yourself in upward dog.
- Bending your elbows, lower your chest
towards the ground while keeping arms tight
to your ribs and gaze upwards to find
yourself in cobra.
6. Child's Pose
- Press your sit bones back to your heels
and place forehead to the ground with arms
reached out to release tension in the lower
Watch Trish doing this
routine on the Marilyn Denis Show »