Easy Egg White Omelet (4 Servings)
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large tomato (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, all excess water squeezed out
NOTE: you choose your own favorite additions for your fillings mixture such as zucchini; green or red peppers; mushrooms; to name a few)
- 12 egg whites
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, tomatoes, spinach (and any other vegetables you would like). Cook until the onion is soft, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Remove veg mixture from the stove and put aside covered in a bowl to keep warm.
3. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites, water until frothy.
4. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat.
5. Add 1/4 of the egg whites so it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Cook until set, about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
6. Using a rubber scraper or spatula lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath.
7. Spoon 1/4 of the veg mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto a serving plate.
8. Repeat with remaining egg whites and veg mixture.