Tuna and 2-Bean Salad
(This PC blue menu recipe from the Live Right Now program)
- 3 cups (750 mL) green beans (about 260 g), trimmed
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained and rinsed canned white kidney beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved PC Sweet Cocktail Tomatoes on the Vine
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber cut in thin half moon slices
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cans (120 g each) solid white tuna, drained and broken in chunks
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC Blue Menu Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- NOTE: or use this dressing
1. In saucepan of boiling water, cook green beans for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Set aside.
2. Divide spinach leaves among four dinner plates. Arrange green beans, white kidney beans, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and tuna over spinach.
3. Season salads with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salads.